Last week I watched 3 half an hour videos about how to write testable code. These videos re iterated a lot that I already knew but in a way still opened my eyes. I found them cool enough that I would like to share these with you and I think that if you watch these you will be able to write more testable code starting from today!
The Clean Code Talks - Unit Testing
- Introduction to the series
- It is not about writing tests it is about writing testable code
- Explains and shows hard to test code
- Goes over different levels of tests and argues about their importance
- Explains how to write more testable code
The Clean Code Talks - Don’t Look For Things!
- Globa state and how it will hurt your tests
- Law of Demeter
- Dependency Injection
- Business logic
- Wiring and creation logic
The Clean Code Talks - Global State and Singletons
- Global state and insanity
- Singletons and singletons
- Deceptive APIs
Writing tests is easier than you think but for easy tests you need your code to be set up in a way that makes it easy to test!